An intense one-to-one coaching experience!
How many times have you learned a new idea and known what to do, but found yourself unable to actually do it? Developing somatic intelligence enables one to go beyond gaining insight and good ideas to actually take new actions. We mistakenly tend to assume that success comes from understanding, however, while mastering leadership capacities like emotional regulation, relationship building, and collaboration people get stuck because emotional, social, and behavioral learning happens at a below-conscious level.
Somatic coaching moves the center of learning from the head into the body, giving leaders access to all aspects of their intelligence—intellectual, emotional, and physical. A process that allows you to connect with the entirety of yourself — your thoughts, feelings, actions, spirit, and body — and in so doing, create lasting change.
Covered over 5 to 6 one-to-one sessions over a period of 6 months, the outcome of the coaching will help in developing somatic intelligence influences how we:
- appropriately manage one’s ongoing mood and handle strong emotions resourcefully
- tolerate strong sensations in order to increase choice and responsiveness (strong sensations often cause a rush to ineffective action such as aggression or isolation)
- connect actions to value by tapping into deeply felt cares and concerns
- use sensory experience to provide accurate and valuable information about the world
- manage and read non-verbal communication; your own and others’
This coaching will benefit you if:
- You are aware of the challenges you are facing whether it is navigating new transitions or seeking to disrupt old patterned ineffective behaviours
- You are willing to be open and deal with potentially difficult patterns you may have
- You are ready to encounter yourself deeply
- You are aware of any resistance you have to looking inwards and deepening your awareness of yourself
- You have the patience and inclination to engage in a deeper inquiry to impact profound and sustainable change
- You’re an up-and-coming leader, at a career crossroads, feeling burnt out or stuck in a rut or you know what you want but are uncertain about the how